Saturday, October 10, 2009

Farewell GND

I don't have television here in the mountains so in order for me to watch any sort of television programming it has to be through Netflix. I found The Girls Next Door one day about two years ago and instantly loved it. Holly, Bridget and Kendra were fantastic from start to finish. I wound up buying season after season and watch them repeatedly, with and without commentary, whenever the mood strikes. Two years later and the girls have vacated the premises, taking with them all the fun and laughter I've had and leaving behind three pseudo-girls that just happen to be blond and a little more skanky. When the announcement came that they'd continue to film the show that I loved with three fakes, I couldn't help but be a little mad. They weren't The Girls Next Door that I knew and loved. They were just some people who showed up to the right place at the right time.

I saw an ad the other day, on some website, boasting about the new season of The Girls Next Door and I just want to say, why don't we just call a spade a spade and change the title to "The Wannabes Next Door"?

No comments:

Post a Comment